Monday, March 30, 2009

IPhone Taxes

For xmas I got the season's hottest gift...the iphone. This was a much bigger deal than I realized because before the iphone I had a dinosaur cell phone. Needless to say, I'm not that hip...but I'm really enjoying the device, and my kids covet it.

I've tried to refrain from letting them use it too much - fearing that they'll break it or inadvertantly delete email or just somehow ruin the thing. Over the last few months, I've been loosening up a little. I let my daughter play pac man at TJs because she was under the weather and doing me a favor being so good at the store. I let my son write in the "Notes" section at gymnastics practice because he was being a good doobie. I like the notes section - he and I will write a couple sentences then pass it off - we're having a little iphone chat...he likes doing it and gets some writing done (writing isn't his forte) and it entertains him, I enjoy hearing his thoughts (because oftentimes he doesn't share them) and I have a little record of what was on his mind on a particular day.

He's become increasingly obsessed with the iphone. He now wants an itouch.

So yesterday he asks me the following..."what kind of taxes do you pay on your iphone?"

Taxes?

Oh, he wanted to know what the monthly costs were for having an iphone!

No comments: